Mend the,exe file association –
If you get the Open With dialog box when you click an executable file, it means that there’s a file association issue on Windows. This can also happen if the system tries to open the file in another program instead of simply loading it outright. When the file associations for,exe files are changed, your program, game or app might not start.
Instead, you get an opportunity to use another app to open the file. Or you get nothing. A corrupt file association is an issue many Windows users don’t know how to resolve. Luckily, you can use the Command Prompt program to quickly re-associate executable files with the,exe file type. All you need to do is enter a single command.
To do this, launch the Command Prompt with admin rights. Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list. If the option has been replaced, type “cmd” into Search and click “Run as administrator” under Command Prompt in the search results.
If the Command Prompt won’t open normally, open File Explorer, go to C/Windows/System32 and search for “cmd.exe”. Right-click the file and select “Run as administrator”. When the Command Prompt opens, type or paste the line below and hit the Enter key to run the command: assoc,exe=exefile This will re-establish the association between executable files and the,exe file extension.
You shouldn’t encounter further issues when you click on an app or program file.
Pogledajte cijeli odgovor
Why Cant I open EXE files on Windows 10?
- System issues. Windows is a labyrinth of files,components,drivers,and configurations,and random conflicts might occur.
- Bad shortcut. Most installed programs are opened via a desktop shortcut.
- Corrupt registry entry. Again,this might be indirectly attributed to malware infection.
- Third-party tools.
Why is Windows 10 not opening?
- Windows 10 Startup Repair. Windows 10 comes with a built-in startup repair option that can scan and repair missing or damaged startup system files.
- Reset your CMOS. Resetting your CMOS restores your BIOS settings to their factory defaults.
- ‘Windows Failed to Start’ 0xc00000f.
- Check Your Motherboard Connections.
- Check External Flash Drives and Disks.
How to fix Viber not opening in Windows 10?
- To ensure Windows Defender Firewall isn’t blocking Viber in any way,turn off the WDF before opening the app.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall to open that Control Panel applet.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open the window shown directly below.
Why Cant I open EXE files?
- Boot the computer into the Safe Mode (just interrupt Windows boot by pressing the power button three times in a row);
- The computer will boot into the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
- Run the Registry Editor ( regedit. exe ) and go to the reg key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\. exe ;
- Change the Default registry parameter value to exefile;