next → ← prev A file a container in a computer system that stores data, information, settings, or commands, which are used with a computer program. In graphical user interface (GUI), such as Microsoft operating systems, represent the files as icons, which associate to the program that opens the file. There are several types of files available such as directory files, data files, text files, binary and graphic files, and these several kinds of files contain different types of information. In the computer system, files are stored on hard drives, optical drives, discs, or other storage devices.
- In most of the operating systems, a file must be saved with a unique name within a given file directory.
- However, certain characters cannot be used during creating a file as they are considered illegal.
- A filename is consisted of with a file extension that is also called a suffix.
- The file extension contains two to four characters that follow the complete filename, and it helps to recognize the file format, type of file, and the attributes related to the file.
Most modern computer systems have the ability to protect files from file corruption or damage. The file can be contained the data from system-generated information to user-specified information. File management is done manually at times with the help of the user or done with the help of third-party tools and operating systems.
- Closing or terminating a file operation
- Creation of programs
- Reading of data from the file
- Creation of a new file
- Opening the file in order to make the contents available to other
- Modification of data or file attributes
- Writing data to the file
How to generate srt file?
- Upload a video. Import a recording from your device by clicking the button ‘Choose file’.
- Create SRT file. If you want to edit an already existing subtitle file,add it now by clicking ‘Upload.SRT’ and choosing one of the mentioned options.
- Download the result. Take the last glance at your clip.
How to open and edit a srt file?
- Open the SRT file Open the converted SRT file using a text editor.
- Make changes Go through the text of the file and make the changes needed.
- Save the file
How do I add a srt file to a video?
- The first thing that you have to do is to download an external subtitle file.
- Download the software on your Mac.
- From the pop-up window,choose the AVI video as the output format.
- From the main interface hit the ‘Edit’ button.
- Click the ‘Run’ button and this will initiate the process of integrating the external SRT subtitle to your chosen video.
What do I do with,SRT files?
- VideoLAN VLC media player (cross-platform)
- MPlayer (cross-platform)
- CyberLink PowerDVD (Windows)