How to Save an Illustrator File as a PNG – When you need to save an image like a logo or icon for use on the web, especially if it has a transparent background, then you should save your AI file as a PNG. Even if you have a non-transparent background file, you can easily make a background transparent in Adobe Illustrator using the Image Trace tool. To support standard and high-resolution displays, you should export your file at different sizes. Instead of manually exporting the file in different sizes, you can do this automatically. Follow the below steps to save your Adobe Illustrator file as PNG:
- Go to File > Export > Export for Screens,
- Select the Artboards tab. If there’s more than one artboard in your image, choose the ones you want to output.
- Under Formats, set Format to PNG and Scale to 1x,
- Click on Add Scale, This will create the settings for a second image, so set the Scale option to a new relative size.3x, for example, will output an image three times taller and wider than the original.
- Add more sizes if you need them.
- Click Export Artboard to save your images.
How to convert AI file to png?
How to convert AI to PNG. Step 1. Upload ai – file (s) Select files from Computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or by dragging it on the page. Step 2. Choose ‘ to png ‘ Choose png or any other format you need as a result (more than 200 formats supported) Step 3. Download your png.
Pogledajte cijeli odgovor
What is the PNG format in Adobe Illustrator?
The most common and popular image format is probably JPEG, So why PNG? We all love it for at least one reason: the transparent background! Because you can use the image on other designs. Want to save your image with a transparent background? Save it as a PNG! One tricky thing is, you won’t find the PNG format when you choose Save As or Save a Copy, When you hit Command + S (or Control + S for Windows users), the default format when you save a file in Adobe Illustrator is,ai, an original document that you can edit. So where is the PNG format and how does it work? Follow the easy steps below to save your,ai file as a PNG! Note: all screenshots from this tutorial are taken from Adobe Illustrator CC 2022 Mac version. Step 1: Go to the overhead menu and select File > Export > Export As, Step 2: There are options that you need to pay attention to in this step. 1. Name your file in the Save As option. Type the file name before the format,png.2. Choose where you want to save the file. For example, here I choose to save the file at Desktop for demonstration. Normally, it’s a good idea to create a folder for different projects for easy navigation.3. Note: It’s important to check the Use Artboards option, otherwise, objects outside of the artboard will show as well when you export. By choosing Use Artboards, the saved image will only show what’s created within the artboard. After finishing the settings, click Export, Step 3: Choose resolution and background color. You can choose Transparent, Black, or White background. Not sure about the resolution? Here’s a quick guide for choosing the resolution.
If you are using the image for screen or web, 72 PPI should be ok. For printing, you probably want a high-resolution (300 PPI) image. You can also choose 150 PPI when your printing image is large and simple, but 300 PPI is preferred.
Click OK and you’re all set. Now you can add your png image to different designs.
Pogledajte cijeli odgovor
How do I convert ai files to Adobe Illustrator?
How to convert the AI to the PNG – There are fortunately a lot of different methods to convert the AI to a PNG. The first and most natural method is a manual conversion using the Adobe Illustrator software program. If you don’t have access to Adobe Illustrator, don’t worry, we will give alternatives as well.
To make this conversion, first open the AI file you wish to change in Illustrator. Select the part of the image you want to convert, then select ‘File’ and ‘Export’. In the dropdown bar, select ‘PNG’ and click ‘Export’. You’ll now have a PNG file wherever you saved it to on your computer. Now, for users who don’t have access to Adobe products, there are two different third-party software methods of conversion.
The first involves a web-based conversion. This is ideal for anyone who has fast internet access, limited hard drive space and only a few files to convert. All you’ll need to do for this is upload and then download a file. I recommend for browser-based conversions.
- Finally, the other third-party conversion method is system-based, requiring users to install a program onto their computer before using it.
- This is best-suited for users who have a lot of hard drive space, slow internet access and a lot of files to convert.
- Once these programs are installed, you’ll never need the internet to make a conversion.
I recommend for system-based conversions. There are plenty of ways to convert the AI to PNG.
Pogledajte cijeli odgovor
How do I export content from illustrator?
How to export artwork in Illustrator
- Get to know Illustrator
- Illustrator on the iPad
- Cloud documents
- Add and edit content
- 3D objects and materials
- Select and arrange objects
- Reshape objects
- Create special effects
- Web graphics
- Import, export, and save
- Automate tasks
Learn how to export your artwork from Illustrator and the various export options of the supported file formats. It’s always good to export files as it allows you to reuse or restore them without creating them again.
- Choose File > Export > Export As,
- Select a location for the file, and enter a filename.
- Select a file format Save As Type (Windows) or Format (macOS). If your document contains multiple artboards, specify how to export the artboards.
- To export each artboard as a separate file, select Use Artboards in the Export dialog box.
- To export all the artboards as a single file, select All,
- To export only a range of artboards, specify the Range,
When you export assets from a file using File > Export > Exports for Screens, Illustrator runs the export process in the background by default. It helps you save a lot of time and improves productivity. Choose Preferences > File Handling & Clipboard > Export in Background to turn off background export. As you can continue to work on the file even when the file is being exported, do remember to save or export your latest changes on the file. To check the progress of the background export process, you can click the progress icon on the menu bar. If multiple files are getting exported in the background simultaneously, the individual progress for all of them is displayed. Once the export is complete, you’ll receive a message. If you want to stop the export process for any file, select Cancel in the progress bar.
- Currently, only the raster file formats,,png and,jpg, can be exported in the background. The,svg and,pdf file formats follow the standard export process.
- If you select a combination of raster file formats and,svg/.pdf file formats, the export process will not run in the background.